Food preparation is an essential practical life skill that students can utilize daily in your home to build fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and bilateral coordination.
To begin utilizing food preparation in your Montessori inspired home:
- Gather all utensils and food needed for preparation.
- Model how to properly utilize utensils and verbally walk your child(ren) through the process alongside the visual presentation.
- Allow your child(ren) to begin practicing preparing the food.
- Offer guidance and additional presentations as needed until your child(ren) can prepare the food independently.
- Using an egg slicer to slice hardboiled eggs
- Using a spreader to spread cream cheese, jam, or butter on bread
- Using a wavy chopper knife to slice fruits and vegetable
#montessori #preschool #practicallife #cooking #finemotor